Main Office Personnel
Annette Vasquez—Administrative Secretary
1. Biology Graduate Program Handle all aspects concerning all graduate students.
a. Maintain graduate student files: Obtain GRE & TOEFL Scores PPS Form Proposal Approval Form Final Program of Studies & Application for Candidacy Exam Form Application for Graduate Degree Graduation date
b. Reply to graduate inquiries. Create data and mail merge files. Create forms using the "forms" functions in MS Word
c. Maintain good communication with graduate school d. Maintain student database (MS Access) e. Keep track of all AI' & TA's appointment, start & end dates d. Update General Guidelines for Master's Students' manual
2. Supervise the hourly/work study employees & maintain that budget.3. Check the budget (M & O) on all faculty & staff appointments (BIS) that fall in my area.
4. Work with Dr. Lieb on the schedule; CCR's (Class Change Request), receive & distribute class list to Faculty, AI's & TA's and verify that faculty has turned in grades at the end of each semester.
5. Screen students with questions regarding academic requirements, advising and approve several academic documents. Responsible for handling confidential material (i.e. exams, grades and personal information for faculty, staff, and students).
6. Research and correct student discrepancies found in their transcripts.
7. Screen calls to the offices of the Chair and Assistant Chair. Schedule appointments and meetings. Maintain, review and update their calendar (MS Outlook).
Monica Rosskopf—Administrative Secretary
- Assist Faculty and Students
- Advising hold releases
- Attend to students
- Change of Major Request
- Classroom reservations
- Conference room reservations
- Copier Dept.
- Drs. Rael and Lieb calendars
- Faculty Search Committees (applications)
- Leave Forms (file)
- Multimedia Equipment Reservations
- Non Official Degree Plans
- Non Resident Tuition Waivers
- Activities & Agendas (Newsletters)
- Biographical Sketches
- Building Authorization Forms consolidation
- Course Enrollment Report
- Course Evaluations
- Course Syllabus
- Dept. Directory
- Faculty and TA's hours
- Fax Machine
- Field Trip Travel Authorization Forms
- Release & Indemnification Agreement
- Inter-Library Loan
- Lab. Safety Lecture Forms
- Library Copy Center
- Office Supplies
- Mail Distribution
- Parking Permits for TA's
- Outlook Administration
- Local Network maintenance
- Text Book Orders and desk copies