Deadline for receipt of the full application package is February 26, 2018
The application process is handled online and the package consists of:
- An online application form
- filled by professors that know the student well. This form also asks the references to upload a recommendation letter (signed and on official letterhead).
- Proof of health insurance coverage through at least February 26, 2018 (uploadable as a pdf in the application form)
- Unofficial transcript (uploadable as a pdf in the application form)
- Official transcript (see instructions below)
As part of their application, students are asked to:
- Select up to three projects/mentors of their choice in ranking order.
- Write a statement/essay that demonstrates a mature interest and describes their motivation to participate in this program and the impact that participation in research experience may have in their education/career plans.
- Upload a pdf copy of their unofficial transcript.
- Enter information about health insurance coverage, including a pdf copy of their insurance card (front and back).
- Complete and submit the online application form.
- Send official transcript to:
CDB-REU Program c/o Michael Moody
University of Texas at El Paso
500 West University Ave
Biological Sciences Bldg. 206
El Paso, TX 79968-0509
- Arrange for two professors to complete and submit the online recommendation form.
*Acceptance notifications will begin at the end March.